K-Tron Customer Service
How to get the fastest service
When service calls/e-mails require multiple back and forth contacts, it is usually because the caller isn't able to provide sufficient information on the first try.
Your Project/Commission Number tells us everything we need to know
The K-Tron project or commission number is the surest way to determine what equipment you have.
- The K-Tron Project/Commission # is on every K-Tron feeder and control panel and also on the spine of your K-Tron manual.
- Your Project/Commission # will tell your service technician if the equipment is under warranty.
If you don't have your project/commission number, your K-Tron Service Technician needs to know your specific equipment
- The exact type of feeder (including agitation) for each feeder involved.
- The K-Tron control unit in use with your feeder. This is the specific K-Tron interface, not the type of PLC or host computer you are using.
- A Purchase Order number is required to initiate any service action.
- Start up and Preventive Maintenance requests should allow for minimum lead times (2 weeks for start up, 4 weeks for PM).
Use this Service Request Form to schedule a routine service call.
If you have an emergency
K-Tron has trained and certified service technicians worldwide and on call 24/7/365.